Fall is one of the most beautiful times of the year. It’s great to be outside with the family enjoying all the festivities and event that come with the time of year when the leave change colours. There’s pumpkins everywhere, even in your lattes and pies. the day are brisk and the nights are cooler than normal, which means your furnace will start to kick in to warm up the house at night. A fall furnace maintenance checklist is the best way to keep your furnace running, and Phoenix Heating & Cooling is here to check everything off that list.
Your furnace has sat all summer without being used, so have you considered getting a fall furnace maintenance checklist completed? Novel care will inspect all areas of your furnace, take care of any repairs and maintenance that need doing, and ultimately let you know how it’s running and when it needs replacing. Here are a few things that our fall furnace maintenance technicians will take care of.
Fall Furnace Maintenance Checklist
- Check the heat exchanger for cracks, wear and tear and any other problems. Time isn’t a best friend of heat exchangers as they can deteriorate, which in turn can cause carbon monoxide to be released in your home.
- Ensure burners are clean. If your furnace is running with a dirty burner it can cause the furnace to not work as efficiently and therefore increasing your utility bill.
- As part of the fall furnace maintenance checklist we will check and adjust the fan switch as necessary to ensure it is only running when needed.
- Clean and adjust the pilot and pilot assembly.
- Ensure all safety controls are in full operation.
- Check all gas lines and valves for any potential leaks.
- Check the air combustion, blocked or restricted air openings can be harmful to your household.
- Check the condition of flue pipe for leaks or damage.
- We will ask you about the performance of the furnace currently and the expected performance; this will help us understand the settings and possible upgrade/downgrade for your requirements.
- Lubricate motor and bearings to decrease future wear and tear. Also inspect all belts and pulleys for any damages and replacements necessary.
- At your discretion we will change the filter. It is recommended that the furnace filter be changed with every season to keep the air clean in your home and your furnace running at peak performance.
- Inspect the thermostat to ensure it is in full operation. If a thermostat is not calibrated properly it may cause your furnace to run too often or not enough.
- Finally we will ensure everything is secure and safe.
- After your fall furnace maintenance checklist is complete we will give you a signed copy stating what we all went over and any tips we can recommend to make you have a comfortable winter.