This is a phrase that we hear all the time in the spring and early summer. When the weather inevitably gets warmer our customers turn on their ductless air conditioner for the first time. Shortly after the first few warm days of the year we start getting ductless repair service calls with people saying: Help, my ductless air conditioner broke down!
The last thing we want is for any of our customers to have to suffer through hot days without air conditioning. We’re particularly concerned for those who rely on cool air in the summer for health reasons, such as the elderly and people with respiratory illness. While our regular and emergency ductless air conditioner repair services are always available, it’s much easier to just avoid a breakdown altogether.
Avoiding A Ductless Air Conditioner Breakdown
- Clean The Air Filters – The evaporator core is an important part of your ductless air conditioner and needs to be protected from dirt and dust. That’s why it’s so important to clean the air filter at least once a month. This also helps ensure that your ductless air conditioner is running as efficiently as possible. A clean air filter improves efficiency and reduces the chances of a breakdown.
- Use A Fan – Many homes that rely on ductless air conditioners for cooling also have ceiling fans. Using these fans is the best way to distribute the cool air created by your ductless air conditioner. This will also take some pressure off your ductless unit as it tries to cool your entire space. When your ductless air unit doesn’t have to work as hard it experiences less wear and tear.
- Don’t Crowd Your Ductless Air Conditioner – Your ductless air conditioner can be placed anywhere in a room, but it’s important to keep large pieces of furniture and curtains away from it. This allows it to work efficiently and reduces wear and tear on the unit.
- Watch For Leaks – Check you unit regularly for leaking coolant or water. If you notice anything dripping from your unit that isn’t coming from the drainage connections then turn it off. Running a ductless air conditioner without refrigerant can lead to serious problems.
- Schedule Regular Maintenance Appointments – Ductless air conditioner maintenance is the most important part of avoiding a breakdown. If your ductless air conditioner s inspected, cleaned and properly maintained at least once a year, the chances of a breakdown are significantly reduced.
Overall, reducing the wear and tear on your ductless air conditioner and ensuring it gets regular maintenance will keep it running well for a long time. For more information or to book a ductless air conditioner maintenance appointment contact Phoenix Heating & Cooling in Toronto today: 647-243-3570.